yup, i did project goodwill again. it was fun to stretch my design and sewing skills in the competition but i didnt win. but thats ok, it was just for funsies anyway.
for those of you that dont know what project goodwill is: a design competition where you are given $100 to shop at goodwill to create a look using what ever you can find.
here are my materials for the first look i worked on. i wanted to use that art print as the bodice. but the art print was glued to the cardboard of the frame behind it so i had to carefully pull it away and i lost a good 1/4 of it limiting how much i could use. i tried to work with it but the paper just got more and more tortured as i worked on it and i had trouble trying to figure out what i would do for the bottom of the dress, i ended up not really buying any good options and not enough. so i scraped that idea and started over (good thing i hadnt used up all my money).
4 weeks ago